CEDAR FALLS, Iowa – The University of Northern Iowa's Nonprofit Leadership Alliance (NLA) Student Association is now accepting nominations for their annual Cedar Valley Nonprofit Awards Luncheon. The UNI NLA organization takes the time to recognize the outstanding contributions of local nonprofits and their staff. Anyone may submit any number of nominations by Wednesday, March 1. Nomination information and forms can be found at https://uni-nonprofit.org/community/luncheon/.
There are eight Nonprofit Award Categories, which include:
- Business Partner of the Year: A business that has made a significant contribution to a nonprofit.
- Nonprofit Staff Leader of the Year: A person that stands out in the nonprofit sector and exemplifies strong leadership qualities.
- Nonprofit Board Member of the Year: A board member in a nonprofit that has positively contributed or influenced the organization.
- Koob Award for Collaboration: An organization that has collaborated with at least one other nonprofit organization and has shown successful and unique teamwork.
- Gordon Mack Award for Student Leadership: This honors a college/university student who has made a significant contribution to a local nonprofit.
- Legacy Award: This honors a nonprofit employee or volunteer who has contributed at least 10 hours of service to the same organization.
- New Nonprofit Employee of the Year: This honors an individual in their first professional nonprofit position, having worked at the organization for two years or less. This can also include interns. The winner of this award will receive a one-year membership to the Cedar Valley Nonprofit Association.
- Exceptional Nonprofit of the Year: A nonprofit organization that has demonstrated the best practices of nonprofit excellence in the 2016 year. The winner of this award will receive a $1,000 cash prize sponsored by the Community Foundation of Northeast Iowa.
The UNI NLA's luncheon planning committee will be selecting the winners of the 2017 awards, along with the guidance of UNI's NLA campus director, Julianne Gassman, and Community Foundation of Northeast Iowa's program director, Tom Wickersham. The winners will receive one complimentary ticket to the event, which will be held from noon to 1:30 p.m., Thursday, April 6, at the UNI Commons Ballroom.
The luncheon is planned and implemented by student members of the UNI Nonprofit Leadership Alliance, which is part of a national network that transforms today's students into tomorrow's nonprofit leaders by helping them gain experience, skills, professionalism and certification within the nonprofit sector.
For more information, please contact Julianne Gassman, Nonprofit Leadership Alliance campus director, at 319-273-2204 or firstname.lastname@example.org.