CEDAR FALLS, Iowa – The University of Northern Iowa Graduate College will host its 10th annual Graduate Student Symposium on Tuesday, April 4. The symposium provides graduate students the opportunity to showcase innovative and diverse research and creative performances. Eighty-one graduate students and 35 graduate faculty judges are participating in this year's event.
2017 Graduate Student Symposium schedule:
- 9 a.m., Welcome from President Mark Nook, Maucker Union Ballroom
- 9:15 a.m., Alumni Panel, Maucker Union Ballroom; the focus of the panel is "UNI Graduate Education for the Greater Public Good"
- 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., Poster Presentations, Maucker Union Ballroom; open for public viewing from 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.; judging is from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Noon to 2:30 p.m., Creative Performances, Great Reading Room, Seerley Hall
- 1 to 4:30 p.m., Oral Presentations, Maucker Union Meeting Rooms
First place awards of up to $300 will be presented to students in each category. The awards will be presented at the annual graduate faculty meeting at 3 p.m., Thursday, April 27, in the Great Reading Room, Seerley Hall.
All events are free and open to the public. For more information, visit grad.uni.edu/graduate-student-symposium.