CEDAR FALLS, Iowa -- The University of Northern Iowa has a wide range of activities planned to recognize Veterans Day and honor members of the armed forces. The UNI Veterans Association will host events to pay tribute to past and present service members as well as to promote awareness throughout campus.
Events throughout the week include:
Monday, Nov. 9
- Military and Veteran Student Services open house, 111-G Maucker Union (plaza level), 11a.m.-1 p.m.
- Resource Fair, 111-J Plaza conference room, 11 a.m.-1p.m.
Tuesday, Nov. 10
- Campus-wide scavenger hunt, 111-G Maucker Union (plaza level), 5-7 p.m.
Wednesday, Nov. 11
- ROTC flag ceremony, West Gym, 10:50 a.m.
- Veterans Day program, Rod Library, 3:30 p.m.- 4 p.m.
Thursday, Nov. 12
- Adopt-a-Platoon service project, 111-G Maucker Union (plaza level), noon
- Family movie night and potluck supper. Bring your family and a dish to share and the watch movie "Major Payne," 2422 College St., Treehouse, 6 p.m.-9 p.m.
Friday, Nov. 13
- ROTC 5K Run starting at West Gym, 6 a.m.
- Bobby Henline comedy show, Maucker Union Ballroom, 1-2 p.m.
- Military Ball, Commons Ballroom, RSVP by Oct. 30, elegant attire or dress is requested, 6-8 p.m.
- Punch Bowl ceremony and dance, Cedar Falls Amvets Post 49, 1934 Irving St., 8:30 p.m.
There will be American flags on campus throughout the week, some of which are sponsored by Cedar Valley SERTOMA, a nonprofit that supports individuals impacted by hearing loss.
For additional information and a full list of events, visit www.uni.edu/military/veterans-week or contact Norman Ferguson Jr., military and veteran student services coordinator, at 319-273-3040 or email@example.com.