CEDAR FALLS, Iowa – Each spring, the University of Northern Iowa selects distinguished graduates to participate in the Alumni in Residence program. These accomplished alumni return to campus to speak with students about their professional experiences and help them make connections between what they learn in the classroom and practice in the professional realm. The selected alumni also meet with faculty groups to discuss current trends and issues in the workplace, tour campus and visit with student organizations about how extracurricular experiences can open doors during their job search. In addition to student and faculty discussions, the alumni are invited to attend a breakfast hosted by the UNI Alumni Association.
The colleges coordinate the selection of alumni participants for their Alumni in Residence experience. The spring 2018 class includes:
College of Business Administration
- Finance: Scott Breon, '12, finance manager - resort development and strategy, Walt Disney Parks & Resorts (Windermere, Florida)
- Marketing: Robyn Bucknam, '93, event marketing manager, Adair Promotions Inc. (Mooresville, North Carolina)
- Economics: Cory Lorenzen, '99, assistant vice president/business development officer, FSB Premier Wealth Management and Farmers State Bank
- Management Information Systems: John Liston, '81, area president, Arthur J. Gallagher (Clearwater, Florida)
- Accounting: Kevin Zaugg, '96, partner, Ernst & Young, LLP
College of Social & Behavioral Sciences
- Geography: Jeff Sloan, '85, national unmanned aircraft systems project leader, United States Geological Survey (Littleton, Colorado)
College of Humanities, Arts & Sciences
- Mathematics: Eileen Youds, '80, '83, operating principal, Global Infrastructure Partners (Minneapolis, Minnesota)
- Physics: Dr. Kevin Junck, '86, professor of radiology, University of Alabama (Birmingham, Alabama)
- Biology: Tina Hansen-Pickett, '07, director of planning and budgeting, Maimonides Medical Center (Long Island, New York)
- Languages & Literatures: Nick Linde, '07, senior director of administration, Minnesota State University Mankato Foundation (Madison Lake, Minnesota)
- Communications Studies: David Leto, '99, president, Palmer Group
- Technology: Dave Peters, '78, retired CEO and founder, Peters Construction, Inc.
For more information, contact Amy Mohr, associate director of Alumni Relations, at 319-273-3094 or firstname.lastname@example.org.